Canadian Credit Unions’ National ding free® ATMs
Credit union members already know they can use their own credit union surcharge free ATMs but may not be aware that this perk also applies at thousands of other ATMs across Canada.
To create awareness, credit unions from across Canada have joined forces to talk about it cooperatively with the launch of our national ding free® campaign. Under the creative platform of ding free® Sea to Sea, the print and digital messages melds together province names into cheeky regional names to communicate the cross-country breadth of ding free® ATMs, such as Albertario, Britiscotia and NewBrunskatchewan.
ding free® from sea to sea
From BC to Newfoundland**, credit union members have access to over 2,400 surcharge-free ATMs. Added up, that’s a bigger ATM network than most banks. And it’s all ding free® from sea to sea.
Leave ATM surcharges behind you
We’ve all been dinged by surcharge fees at an ATM that wasn’t our own. But as a member of Atlantic credit unions, you don’t have to rely on our ATMs to keep from getting dinged ever again. In fact, you’re part of one of the largest surcharge free ATM networks in the country.
Working in Alberta? Vacationing in Ontario? Any credit union ATM is your credit union ATM
Members can use their credit union debit card to access their account and carry out common transactions including withdrawals, deposits, balance inquiries and transfers at participating credit union ATM. Just look for the ATM ding free® signs or use our ding free ATM locator app and say goodbye to those pesky surcharge fees.
Learn more and participate in our ding free® campaign at these websites
Find ding free® ATMs using our Online Search Tool
You can use your computer to locate ding free® ATMs by using our online search tool located at www.ding-free.ca. Note: This online search tool will be available during the second week of February 2012.
Get the ding free® locator app today
Our new ding free® locator app is available for Android, Windows, Blackberry and iPhone devices with optimization for iPhone 5). The app is also compatible with the iPod touch and iPad but it requires iOS 4.3 or later. Its features include:
- Find the nearest credit union ATM based on your current location
- Find nearby ATM locations by listed address or map
- Get directions to any ATM listed
- See hours and services available at listed ATMs
- Share the app through Facebook, Twitter or email
How to Download the ding free® app
To download the app, simply follow these steps:
- Search for “ding free ATM” in your smartphone’s app store or scan the QR code in the graphic below.
- The QR code links to the www.ding-free.ca mobile website that will display the message, “Say goodbye to ATM surcharge fees, download the ATM locator app today. Cancel, OK”. Respond to the message by clicking “OK”, the website will detect your device type and redirect the browser to the appropriate store. If you clicked “Cancel”, the mobile website displays.
- Wait a few minutes while the app downloads. Then set up your app by completing the following steps:
- Click “find an ATM” from the main menu
- Set up your app with your credit union, by clicking on the “nearest” or “All” tab and click on your credit union name displayed in the listing. You can also enter your credit union’s name in the search box.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions
- Enjoy locating ding free® ATMs.
What is a Surcharge?
A surcharge (or convenience fee) is a fee charged by an ATM owner at the time of the transaction and appears on the ATM receipt. A surcharge ranges from $1 to $3, and comes with a warning screen before the ATM transaction is complete. Surcharges are not the same as transaction or account fees, which would appear on a member’s monthly statement – i.e. when a member exceeds the limits of a package account that comes with a fixed amount of free transactions per month.
** Desjardins located in Quebec and the Territories as well as their Caisses Populaires Acadiennes in New Brunswick, are excluded. While travelling in Quebec, the ding free® app will locate the surcharge-free ATMs provided by THE EXCHANGE® Network at other financial institutions for example, ING Direct, HSBC and National Bank.
®MEMBER CARD & Design are registered certification marks owned by Credit Union Central of Canada, used under license.
® ACCULINK is a registered trade-mark owned by Credit Union Central of Canada, used under license.
® THE EXCHANGE is a registered trade-mark of Fiserv Inc., licensed for use in Canada by FICANEX Services Limited Partnership.
®DING FREE & Design are registered trade-marks of Central 1 Credit Union, used under license.
®Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under license.
®The Cirrus Brand Mark is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated, used under license.
iPhone™ and the App Storesm are trademarks of Apple, Inc.
iPad®, iPod touch® and iTunes® are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android™ and Android Market™ are trademarks of Google, Inc.
The Trademark BlackBerry® and BlackBerry App World™ are owned by Research In Motion Limited and are registered in the United States and may be pending or registered in other countries.
Windows® Phone and Windows Marketplacetm are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.